I cut them big. I make sure I do that because every piece needs a large piece of cream cheese!
Then put Bimmer Dog in sunglasses. Forget for a minute that you're cooking because you're laughing so hard at the dog being embarrassed about sunglasses. I'm a bad doggie mommy...
And then when Bimmer Dog tries to eat your flour, put him in the dog box. And yes, we did label it with a prisoner number. That was for his flight home last year. We thought the airport workers would be amused by "LIVE ANIMAL" and "PRISONER #24601" Ha.
Yeah, he's none too happy with that. But still, he has an orthopedic dog bed. Heck, I'd even sleep in the dog box!
The lovely eggs. They're 3 weeks old. No time for eggs in the morning and so this is what I make instead.
Melt the butter and let it cool. It just needs to be zapped for 30 seconds twice, stirring between radiation waves or whatever they are zapping your butter.
Have Bimmer Man stop at the liquor store and buy Octoberfest. Mmm...
Then show the Gopher pride by opening the beer and singing the U of M fight song in the kitchen, pumping your fist in the air screaming M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A!!!!
Then get back to mixing the butter and sugar. This is what happens when you don't let your butter cool all the way. Not a problem. You could probably cream them too.
Sugar. The dentist's best friend.
Add the pumpkin and egg.
Mix more. Scream the fight song again as you mix. It's just about the right amount of time. You know, maybe if I add red food coloring, this can be "maroon and gold" cake.
Yep, I think it could!
Then dump your whole box of nutmeg in your drawer. Whatever. Lick it up. Ok, so I used our lovely Kone vacuum. It worked.
Stir the dry ingredients together.
Pour/mix/whatever into the wet ingredients. Again, sing the Minnesota fight song while you mix. It's the right amount of time to just blend it.
Pour into a glass pan.
Then put the ingredients for the cream cheese into a bowl.
Blend, but don't sing the fight song.
Drop into the pumpkin batter and swirl.
Put in the oven. And have another beer. Hey, you can even sing the fight song if you want to!
These are from HERE.... on myrecipes.com
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, at room temperature
1. In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar until smooth. Beat in 2 eggs, pumpkin, and 1/3 cup water until well blended, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. In another bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and nutmeg; stir or beat into butter mixture until well blended. Spread batter evenly in a buttered and floured 10- by 15-inch baking pan.
2. In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese, remaining egg, and remaining 1/4 cup sugar until smooth.
3. Drop cream cheese mixture in 24 evenly spaced 1-tablespoon portions over batter. Pull a knife tip through filling to swirl slightly into batter.
4. Bake in a 350° oven until center of pumpkin batter (not cream cheese mixture) springs back when touched, about 30 minutes. Let cool completely in pan, then cut into 24 bars.