Seriously. And um, I do have to say that getting a piece of lasagna out of a crockpot is NOT easy. Trust. It looks like the lasagna leaped out of the pan and decided to plop down on the plate. HA.
I added dried basil to the cheese mix and omitted the parsley. I used Barilla pasta sauce and added 1 can of garlic roasted tomatoes. After reading the comments in the original recipe, I cooked on low for 3 1/2 hours instead of 5. Any longer and I think this would have been mush.
Crockpot Lasagna (click the link to see the original!)
- 1 pound (16 ounces) ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (24 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 whole egg
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 6 uncooked lasagna noodles
- In a large skillet brown beef and onion. Add garlic and cook for one minute. Drain.
- Add spaghetti sauce and water and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Mix ricotta, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, 2 Tablespoons Parmesan, egg and parsley.
- Pour 1 cup of spaghetti meat sauce into a 4 to 6 quart sized slow cooker. Place half of the noodles and half of the ricotta mixture on top of the sauce. Cover with 2 cups meat sauce. Top with remaining noodles (If the noodles don't fit exactly break them to fit) and cheese mixture and meat sauce.
- Cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until noodles are soft. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of mozzarella and remaining parmesan. Cover with the lid to melt the cheese and let it sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- Do not overcook and don't try to speed up the process by cooking it on high.
- *Works best with a 4 to 6 quart size slow cooker.