This is the good stuff. Trust me. If you have a cake, please frost it with this.
Yum. Yum. Yum. I could seriously eat this frosting on its own, it's that good! Check out my bad frosting though, I have no technique. I just dumped it all on top and then went around with a butter knife.
Has anyone taken a cake decorating class? Is it worth it? How many cakes do you end up making?
Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 10 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
Preparation1. Melt brown sugar and 4 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil over medium heat; remove from heat. Whisk in cream; blend well. Transfer to a heat-resistant bowl. Cool at room temperature, stirring occasionally.
2. Place remaining 6 tablespoons butter and cream cheese in a large bowl; beat with a mixer on medium-high speed until smooth. Beat in vanilla and salt. With mixer running, slowly pour in cooled brown sugar mixture; beat until smooth. Add powdered sugar gradually, beating well after each addition until completely smooth. Chill slightly for a firmer texture, stirring occasionally.